Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

I love Valentine's Day. It's one of my favorite 'holidays'. And I know it's supposed to be a romantic holiday, and it is, but to me, it's so much more. When I was growing up and in school, the roses and balloons sent to school were put in a room because there were so many, and students would walk through the room and find their flowers that were sent by their boyfriend. It was a big deal to get flowers from your boyfriend on Valentine's Day. And you felt special. I remember walking through that room, sometimes I got flowers, some years I didn't.

But I always remembered being loved on the Big Day. You see, my Mom always got us a little gift or card on Valentine's Day. She always made it a point to celebrate the day. At breakfast, before school, she would have a card or a pencil with a crazy fuzzy thing on the top and some candy for us, to show us how much she loved us. And my father, would always come to school, get me out of class and bring me a box of chocolates. Those fuzzy things, cards, and chocolates meant so much to me. My parents always made Valentine's day special for me, because they love me. So, now that I'm a parent, I try to do the same thing for my children. David and I love them dearly.

Today was especially special. Today is Sunday. Today I worshipped my God who loves me so much that He sent His Son to die on the cross for me so that I could have eternal life with Him. He loves me so much that He has blessed me with a wonderful husband of 21 years, two incredible boys that God has entrusted me with to love and raise. He has given me parents who love me, brothers and sisters that are the best. He surrounds me with family and friends. God has demonstrated His love to me in so many ways. So what would be more fitting than to spend Valentine's Day worshipping a Great God.

So, to my Husband, my sons, my parents, my family and friends, Happy Valentine's Day. I love each of you. And Thank you for loving me.

No comments:

Post a Comment